We formed around 1977, going through a number of line-up changes before arriving at the following:
Colin Sumner – Guitar & Vocals
Jackie Egan – Vocals
Graham Satterthwaite (later Dean) – Keys & Vocals (replaced by Lee Turner in 1981)
Ian Shufflebottom (later Jones) – Bass & Vocals
Robert Lee – Drums & Vocals (replaced by Phillip Dodd in 1981)
We were managed by Noel Burns. Played all the local clubs & cabaret venues.
Regular trips to the North East (Beverly Artistes), Scotland (Johnny Kildare), South Wales (Mike Owen), Germany (John Chamberlain), Norway & Portugal (Noel Burns) & South Africa (Mike Bourne Management).
We played summer seasons at Seawick Holiday Lido in Clacton on Sea and in 1981 became the “stand in” resident band for MECCA UK playing brief residencies at venues in Manchester (Tiffanys), Birmingham (The Locarno), Stoke, Grimsby, Leeds, Wakefield, Sheffield & Burnley.
The band recorded at LE Studios in Wigan.
In 1982 the band left the UK for a nine month contract in South Africa. Returning again in 1983. After some more line-up changes and a brief stint around the UK clubs, the band broke up in 1984.
- Jackie Egan – no longer singing, lives in Australia.
- Ian Jones – lives in South Africa, works hotels in Dubai.
- Phil Dodd – Plays in his own band.
- Graham Dean – living in USA, works as a freelance producer.
- Lee Turner – lives in Rochdale, retired from the biz.
- Colin Sumner – Came back from South Africa in 2010. Lives in Cleethorpes, runs events on a holiday park and still plays the odd solo gig as well as standing in with local cover bands.
With Gary Glitter
Durban, South Africa 1984