The Tribunes aka Manchesters Impressions (Blackley)
The Tribunes R&B group started out in 1963, formed in Blackley Manchester, the band members were:
- Roy Hetherington - Lead Guitar
- Ron Cunningham - Bass Guitar/Organ/Vocals
- Dave Hill - Drums
- Ted Urwin - Rhythm Guitar/Vocals
- Bob Steeles - Roadie
Instruments included, white Fender Strat, cream Framus Archtop, Sunburst Fender Precision base, Farfisa Electric organ and white pearl Premier Drums.
- Threlfalls pub circuit - Bottom Derby Rochdale Rd. , Manchester , Land ‘o' Cakes pub Ancoats St. , Manchester , Salford Arms Pub, Chapel St. , Salford
- Levenshulme and Devonshire Sporting Clubs.
- Princess Theatre Club.
- Jungfrau, Beat City ,
- Manchester Cavern,
- Belle Vue.
- Also residency at Northern Sporting Club, Rochdale Rd. Manchester .
Demo disc recorded at Strawberry studios Stockport 1964, “You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling”, flip side “It's Not Unusual”.
After briefly changing the name to ‘Manchester Impressions', the band broke up in 1966.
On stage the band wore red jackets, ties and black trousers – unfortunately photo's are almost non-existent.
Where are they now?
- Ron is now living in Canada and although he has large collection of guitars and amps he don't play much these days,
- Roy now lives in Bedford is retired,
- Dave lives in the Bury area and still does the odd gig,
- Ted lives in the Bolton area and plays lead guitar with "THE BELMONTS" a band of musicans all played in Manchester Bands in the 60s.
- The Tribunes at Seven Stars, Heywood, circa 1964/65 The Tribunes at Seven Stars, Heywood, circa 1964/65
- Tribunes business card Tribunes business card
- Manchester Impressions business card Manchester Impressions business card